Jack BerkemeyerLicensed Clinical Professional Counselor
A Little About Me. . .
I would say my professional background fuses together the experience I have in both counseling and business. I worked in positions that ranged from serving as a campus minister with the Archdiocese of Cincinnati to senior sales management positions with Swift and Company, Sara Lee, and Western Union Financial Services. At one time, I served as a career management consultant and executive coach at Right Management Consultants.
As a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor I often work with couples and specialize in both pre-marital and marital therapy. I am also interested in career and life-balance issues, emotional intelligence assessment, couple communication, anger management, conflict resolution skills, and the relationship of spirituality and mental health.
Outside of the Center I serve as the Director of Marriage Ministry at Old St. Patrick’s Church in Chicago, and I am on the board of directors of The Workforce Board of Northern Cook County, The Career Transition Center of Chicago.
- Master of arts degree in professional counseling from the Illinois School of Professional Psychology
- Master of arts degree in theology from the University of San Francisco
- Master of education degree from Xavier University, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Master of divinity degree from Athenaeum of Ohio, St. Mary’s Seminary
- Certified Anger Management Trainer
- Member of the National Association of Marriage Friendly Therapists
- Member of the American Counseling Association